Monday, January 07, 2013

2.5 Years Is Kind of a Long Time

So usually I don't post about stuff like this, but for today, I'm going to lift that. Just to express my wonder at how fast 2.5 years can pass, and also how 2.5 years doesn't seem long enough.

It's my anniversary today, for 2.5 years. I never, ever really and truly thought I would get to this point with anyone, let alone with the best person I've ever met. I've had long relationships but I would invariably, after a matter of months, get to the point of being unhappy, wanting to change everything about the other person, or just wanting out. I haven't gotten to that point, and I've stopped waiting, because I don't think it's coming.

That's about as far as that's going to go, since I don't exactly air my personal life on the Internet and the person this is directed at already got his own blog post (also not long - sometimes I'm not good at feelings!), so yup. I just wanted to put it somewhere, and this is my blog, and I can post what I want. So there! (No one was arguing. Because who knows how many people actually read this?)

But yeah. 2.5 years is a long time. But also feels like it's not the right measurement, like I've been here for so much longer. In a good way.

I've written a couple of sappy posts. I think it's about time to write about some history. I'll have to set that up in the next few days. I work tomorrow and Wednesday and that usually means I don't wanna write a blog post, but maybe Thursday or Friday, since I'll be stuck at home without a car for both days!

Just putting this here because I wanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to engage - let's talk!